The Sequel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Shai-Hulud
Shai-Hulud
Admin
https://thesequel.rpg-board.net

Personnel Schools Seek New Homes! Empty Personnel Schools Seek New Homes!

Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:41 pm
Greetings All,

While the Design Team continues to build the game behind the scenes, we are comfortable enough to release a List of the Personnel Types that will be available at the beginning of the Game. Certain Schools are reserved due to Canon Status, the rest are available for the Players to claim. Once mechanics have been finalised, I will work closely with all the contract holders to help bring your schools to life and help you understand their uses and the mechanics associated with them.

The Personnel Available are:

Assassin: The Assassins in our game are no longer just killers. Drawing inspiration from the likes of Hasimir Fenring, we have decided to make Assassins Multi-role. They will now be able to kill, kidnap and torture captured infiltrators. [House Moritani]

Mentat: The Mentat is the Backbone of any House's defence. In our game they defend against Spies and Saboteurs. Due to their vital nature and the services they provide, the Mentat School will also purvey a set of educational facilities that offer unique bonuses nowhere else. [CHOAM Contract/GSoT]

Reverend Mother: The Reverend Mother guards against Facedancer Infiltrators. [Bene Gesserit]

Swordmaster: The Swordmasters in our game are no longer items for use in duels. The Swordmaster is the primary personal defender of the House they serve. They will oppose Assassins in our Game. [House Ginaz]

Warmaster: Similar to Generals of today, the Warmaster is the primary strategist to the House they serve. Warmasters will  apply Tactical Stat changes to the Legions they command that can be changed on the fly. The Sardaukar equivalent will be the Burseg.

Saboteur: In our game, Saboteurs will serve as Thieves and Sabotage Experts, able to steal a percentage of on-hand Solari/Spice or destroy one piece of equipment of the owners choice.

Spies: Spies are experts in Infiltration and Espionage. A successful Infiltration will allow the owner to ask one question of a member of the Directorate. [House Harkonnen]

Face Dancer: The dreaded Facedancer is a Jack of All Trades and Master of None. [Tleilaxu]

Suk Doctor: Suk Doctor's are the primary physicians of the House they serve. They care Nobility and Military alike. Due to their uniqueness and vital services they provide, the Suk School will also purvey a set ogf Medical Facilities that offer bonuses available nowhere else. [CHOAM Contract/GSoT]

Drop your selection below and feel free to ask any questions if you like.

Thanks!

Last edited by Shai-Hulud on Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
House Harkonnen
House Harkonnen

Personnel Schools Seek New Homes! Empty Re: Personnel Schools Seek New Homes!

Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:48 pm
House Harkonnen would like to take the Warmaster and Spy School if you don't mind. Thanks !
Shai-Hulud
Shai-Hulud
Admin

Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:48 pm
For now, just one School please, Svetlana. Which one would you prefer?
House Harkonnen
House Harkonnen

Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:49 pm
Ah okay sorry. I would like to take Spy school. Thanks !
Shai-Hulud
Shai-Hulud
Admin

Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:23 pm
Due to a mistake on my end, Spies are up for grabs. It should be noted that any Entities that start with a Special will be exempt from claiming a school at the start to maintain fairness and balance among the players.
Nayla II
Nayla II

Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:40 pm
I will claim Spies for Ganeva then I think, if that's okay … : )
Shai-Hulud
Shai-Hulud
Admin

Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:47 pm
Ganeva has no start contracts so its fine by me.
Marcus Vesner

Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:54 am
House Vesner would like to claim Mentats or if not available then war master. War masters for Marcus the warmonger might be too much though lol Very Happy
Shai-Hulud
Shai-Hulud
Admin

Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:22 pm
Just to say, I have no objection to you taking either of the Contracts, Vesner.

Cris had initially expressed interest in the Mentats but he doesn't mind you taking first pick. Regardless of whoever ends up with them, we do ask them to bear the following in mind:

1. Due to the necessity of Mentats and Suks in the Game, we feel that they would be better served as CHOAM Contracts at the start of the Game.
2. Ultimately we would like to see the Mentat and Suk Schools evolve into fully fledged entities further down the line to reflect their status as 2 of the 5 Great Schools of Thought, whether this is done by the Contract Holder or a New Player remains to be seen.
3. Following on from Point 2, if a New Applicant desires to the play the School and it is in play, the Owner must be prepared to give it up if the Applicant for either School is successful in the Application and Interview.

As for the Warmasters, we have an idea of the Mechanics and the abilities they will employ. Once we have finalised them, they will be made public.

Let us know of your selection when you are ready. Smile
House Harkonnen
House Harkonnen

Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:46 pm
May i tell my opinion about something ? I think the third  rule is unfair and maybe you can change this if you want. But if you don't want to change it then of course i will show respect. Mine is just an offer. Thank you.
Shai-Hulud
Shai-Hulud
Admin

Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:55 pm
How is it unfair when we want to see a canonical entity represented as such? And how is it unfair when we have made our opinion clear from the off? Its not like its been offered and then taken away later down the line with no explanation. As a Member of the Directorate, Cris is aware of the vision and we have still offered Vesner the choice. If Vesner takes the Mentat School and wishes to develop them, we will of course accept his wishes but if he simply wants them to help us out and to act as a Sales crop, we have to consider and respect Frank Herbert's material too.

Furthermore, this also ties in with a return to form, so to speak. In QfA I, the Mentat School was independent. I can't stress enough how detailed our world was, or how important The Mentat School was to it. To give you an example of its scope, we had over 175,000 posts and I myself played for 10 years, Tanaka and Karin have played for 12+.

Ultimately it boils down to this, the Suks and Mentats are Great Schools of Thought, we would like to see them restored as such and the Player who owns either of them should either be prepared to do that themselves or make way for someone who does.

I have played with Vesner for a long time and regardless of the choice he makes, I know the school is in good hands. And the same goes for Cris.
House Harkonnen
House Harkonnen

Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:59 pm
Yeah i know. I did not talk about Vesner. I don't know about the old QFA. I will discover it in time. I was talking about this article:

3. Following on from Point 2, if a New Applicant desires to the play the School and it is in play, the Owner must be prepared to give it up if the Applicant for either School is successful in the Application and Interview.

Last edited by House Harkonnen on Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shai-Hulud
Shai-Hulud
Admin

Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:01 pm
Yeah and I responded to that, Svetlana. There are only 2 Great Schools of Thought that require restoration. Vesner may be taking one of them and the rule counts for both. It also affects you in no way shape or form as you already have a Contract to begin with.
House Harkonnen
House Harkonnen

Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:04 pm
Yes, Alex i know. Of course it will not effect me. I just told my opinion. Because i will discover the QFA in time. I don't know about it's system yet.
Shai-Hulud
Shai-Hulud
Admin

Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:09 pm
Its nothing to do with QfA's System. Suk's and Mentat's are canonical Great Schools of Thought in Frank Herbert's Universe and they should be respected as such.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum