The Sequel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Shai-Hulud
Shai-Hulud
Admin
https://thesequel.rpg-board.net

Where and Who We Are. Empty Where and Who We Are.

Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:27 am
Greetings!

First of all, I would like to thank you all for joining me on this crazy ride to re-build something that meant a lot to us while also trying to cater for all those Dune fans out there. For those of you who have joined and are not a part of the design team, this post is to give you a general idea of the setting and premise of the game to allow you all to start writing before the game starts.

Before the game officially opens, a few things need to be implemented.

1. Purchase of a VPN and Migration to a paid, ad free board. The board we are working on now is only temporary until we can implement something similar to QfA, meaning a fully accessible board with all the bells and whistles along with FTP Functionality for our users.

2. Basic Games Mechanics and Economics.

3. General Ruleset.

4. Arrakis Mechanics.

5. LC Voting System and CHOAM Ticker.

6. Setting and Hierarchy Finalisation.

The above are the absolute minimum requirements the Design Team feels are needed to implement and start the game. We are aiming to begin official play in the first week of January 2019.

In the meantime, we welcome you all to write and to do so, I have listed some common themes to get you all rolling.

1. This is a direct sequel to Quest for Arrakis, meaning that those players who enjoyed the game with us back then get to continue with characters we love and for newcomers, its a chance to experience a world we treasured. Once we have migrated to the new server, access will be given to QfA I for source material etc.

2. The Game will officially start on January 1st 8760 A.G. with the Coronation of Emperor Ezhar VII. We are in the period of time immediately before the Coronation, the latter 6 months of 8759. This time period follows on from a period known as The Collapse brought on by an Extra-Imperial Vanguard known as the Muadru. The invasion devastated the Imperium. This period of strife has been used to "reset" the Houses and Personalities that existed in QfA one to make it fair on everyone joining us for the start of Round 1.

You can find some information in this post: https://thesequel.rpg-board.net/t7-the-collapse

3. This is a period of social upheaval and decline for many. The Houses of the Imperium have a rare opportunity to make "backroom" deals with the Emperor. We are using this period to describe how the state of the Imperium's Hierarchy came to be as it is at the start of Round 1. Though we are not playing as such, this will form part of our official history. This is effectively Round 0. As ever, the Directorate encourages you to play wisely.

4. Players may play more than one entity providing they fill out the app.

5. If in doubt, ask. If you are unsure of any concepts or the setting, please contact one of the design team or post your query here. One of us will get back to you as soon as possible.

Lastly, as the rulesets and documentation are finalised, they will be presented to the public. We encourage you all to offer feedback if any. Those who have joined us in Round 0 are considered the Founders and your opinions, insight and feedback will be very important in establishing the game and keeping it viable into the future.

Again, the Design Team and I would like to thank you for hopping on and joining us here. As long as you guys want to write and play, we will be here.

See you on the boards,

The Wormgod.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum